Today is Friday, November 27, 2015.
1701 Anders Celsius, took temperatures
1874 Charles A. Beard, American historian
1874 Chaim Weizmann, Israeli statesman
1909 James Agee
1917 "Buffalo" Bob Smith
1941 Eddie Rabbit
1947 Jimi Hendrix
1957 Caroline Kennedy
1964 Robin Givens
1976 Jaleel White, Urkel
1095 Pope Urban II preaches for the First Crusade
1582 the first Advent Sunday
1895 Alfred Nobel establishes the Nobel Prize
1910 New York's Penn Station opens - world's largest railway terminal
1951 first rocket to intercept an airplane, White Sands, NM
1971 Soviet Mars 2, is the first to crash land on Mars.
1985 Space shuttle Atlantis carries the first Mexican astronaut.
That's all for today.
What happened on this day in history? What happened on your birthday? Web-based CDAY, an almanac for web servers, reports events, birthdays, and holidays, and supports RSS (XML).
Webmasters: Install CDAY on your web site to add value and attract visitors. This might work especially well with original data for a specific subject (e.g. baseball).
See the embedded demonstration on the right-hand of the page. You may also see a fuller demo with features such as date navigation and RSS.
- PHP 4+, web scripting language
- Web server, such as Apache
- MySQL or PostgreSQL database highly recommended
Your rights to use and distribute CDAY are licensed to you under the GNU General Public License.
Don't forget to download libraries, which are separate.
For best results start with these instructions to test the program. Then embed PHP into your existing web pages and customize library data for your audience.
- Download the program.
- Download libraries separately.
- Unpack the archives to your web server directory (e.g., /var/www/html/cday).
- Modify cday_cfg.php as needed using any text editor. Be sure to specify your database (type, host name, user name, password).
- If you don't have shell access to your web server, modify cday_import.php to allow remote use. Upload libraries and PHP files to web server now.
- Run the cday_import.php script. It copies library data to MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Test CDAY using a web browser.
- When finished you may delete or disable the cday_import.php.
- Use only SQLite for back-end storage (to replace MySQL and Postgresql). (I would still use the text as an interchange format.)
- Replace Kincaid format with XML.
- Clan Uke: notice integration and customized look
- Royal Australian Navy - Gun Plot
- Ballpark Flashblack
© 2003-2008 by Andrew Ziem. All rights reserved. Design by Andreas Viklund.