Today is Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
1712 Frederick I (the Great), king of Prussia (1740-86)
1798 C.G.C. von Staudt --1867
1888 Ernst Heinrich Heinkel, built 1st rocket-powered aircraft.
1917 Ernest Borgnine
1925 Maria Tallchief
1941 Neil Diamond
1949 John Belushi, commedian, actor (Sat Night Live, Blues Brothers)
1951 Yakov Smirnoff
1960 Nastassia Kinski
1968 Mary Lou Retton
1848 James Marshall finds gold in Sutter's Mill in Coloma, Calif
1899 The rubber heel is patented by Humphrey O'Sullivan.
1935 1st beer in cans is sold.
1982 San Francisco 49'ers win their 1st Super Bowl, 26-21.
1985 15th Space Shuttle Mission - Discovery 3 is launched
1986 Voyager 2 makes 1st fly-by of Uranus finds new moons, rings
That's all for today.
What happened on this day in history? What happened on your birthday? Web-based CDAY, an almanac for web servers, reports events, birthdays, and holidays, and supports RSS (XML).
Webmasters: Install CDAY on your web site to add value and attract visitors. This might work especially well with original data for a specific subject (e.g. baseball).
See the embedded demonstration on the right-hand of the page. You may also see a fuller demo with features such as date navigation and RSS.
- PHP 4+, web scripting language
- Web server, such as Apache
- MySQL or PostgreSQL database highly recommended
Your rights to use and distribute CDAY are licensed to you under the GNU General Public License.
Don't forget to download libraries, which are separate.
For best results start with these instructions to test the program. Then embed PHP into your existing web pages and customize library data for your audience.
- Download the program.
- Download libraries separately.
- Unpack the archives to your web server directory (e.g., /var/www/html/cday).
- Modify cday_cfg.php as needed using any text editor. Be sure to specify your database (type, host name, user name, password).
- If you don't have shell access to your web server, modify cday_import.php to allow remote use. Upload libraries and PHP files to web server now.
- Run the cday_import.php script. It copies library data to MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Test CDAY using a web browser.
- When finished you may delete or disable the cday_import.php.
- Use only SQLite for back-end storage (to replace MySQL and Postgresql). (I would still use the text as an interchange format.)
- Replace Kincaid format with XML.
- Clan Uke: notice integration and customized look
- Royal Australian Navy - Gun Plot
- Ballpark Flashblack
© 2003-2008 by Andrew Ziem. All rights reserved. Design by Andreas Viklund.