Today is Saturday, December 7, 2013.
1761 Madame Marie Tussaud, created wax museum
1830 A.L.G.G. Cremona --1903
1915 Eli Wallach, Jr.
1923 Ted Knight
1932 Ellen Burstyn
1942 Harry Chapin
1947 Johnny Bench
1956 Larry Bird
1958 Edd Hall
1987 Aaron Carter
1787 Delaware ratifies the Constitution, becomes the first state.
1842 the New York Philharmonic plays its first concert.
1941 Pearl Harbor is attacked ("A day that will live in infamy.")
1941 first Japanese submarine sunk by American ship (USS Ward)
1960 France grants the Ivory Coast independence (National Day)
1972 Apollo 17, last of the Apollo moon series, launched.
That's all for today.
What happened on this day in history? What happened on your birthday? Web-based CDAY, an almanac for web servers, reports events, birthdays, and holidays, and supports RSS (XML).
Webmasters: Install CDAY on your web site to add value and attract visitors. This might work especially well with original data for a specific subject (e.g. baseball).
See the embedded demonstration on the right-hand of the page. You may also see a fuller demo with features such as date navigation and RSS.
- PHP 4+, web scripting language
- Web server, such as Apache
- MySQL or PostgreSQL database highly recommended
Your rights to use and distribute CDAY are licensed to you under the GNU General Public License.
Don't forget to download libraries, which are separate.
For best results start with these instructions to test the program. Then embed PHP into your existing web pages and customize library data for your audience.
- Download the program.
- Download libraries separately.
- Unpack the archives to your web server directory (e.g., /var/www/html/cday).
- Modify cday_cfg.php as needed using any text editor. Be sure to specify your database (type, host name, user name, password).
- If you don't have shell access to your web server, modify cday_import.php to allow remote use. Upload libraries and PHP files to web server now.
- Run the cday_import.php script. It copies library data to MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Test CDAY using a web browser.
- When finished you may delete or disable the cday_import.php.
- Use only SQLite for back-end storage (to replace MySQL and Postgresql). (I would still use the text as an interchange format.)
- Replace Kincaid format with XML.
- Clan Uke: notice integration and customized look
- Royal Australian Navy - Gun Plot
- Ballpark Flashblack
© 2003-2008 by Andrew Ziem. All rights reserved. Design by Andreas Viklund.